If you are trying to lose weight, it is normal sometimes to feel tired or weak and reasoning that something sweet just might be the “pick-me up” you need. Even though it seems like the easy solution, it might not be in the long run. Here are some ideas to consider when you are feeling blue or under the weather.
Choose only one option:
- Chocolate, individually wrapped
- A cube of cheese with jam
- Two small scoops of ice cream
- A dairy dessert, such as pudding or flan either chocolate or butterscotch flavored, not a low-fat version (smallest portion)
- Granola bar with chocolate chips
- A small package of puffed-wheat
- A cookie
- A small Danish pastry (3 is mini-sized)
To stop being addicted to high-fat foods, the best option is to avoid them at all cost and provide protein-based foods (see what are porteins?). If you begin to feel the need to eat them, try to look for a healthy replacement item that isn’t an additive, like on a rotating diet. For example, if you have a sweet tooth, have a granola bar or a piece of dark chocolate to stop your cravings. It is important to stop this craving in the beginning, before they become bigger and you are hungrier.
One of the best recommendations is to satisfy our “appetite” and not be “starving”. This is because when we are starving, we tend to make made decisions regarding the foods we should eat. Discipline and perseverance are important when it comes to losing weight, don’t forget that.